What to Do If You Get Involved in a Bus Accident in CA
The most unfortunate thing about bus accidents is that they often result in severe destruction. The victims of a bus accident will have to face life-threatening injuries. Whether you are a passenger on board or a passenger of another vehicle or a pedestrian, getting involved in a bus accident will be a traumatic and horrifying experience for you.
In such cases, it is important for you to know that you can recover money for the losses you incurred because of the accident. According to the rules and regulations in California, you are entitled to get compensation for your injuries. You can consult accident injury lawyers in California to file a lawsuit to claim money for the damages caused by a bus accident.
Witnessing a bus accident or being involved in a bus accident is really a mind-numbing experience. Most people will be left unable to take any actions in those circumstances. But you have to keep in mind that it is very important to act fast if such an accident occurs, or else it will lead to severe damages and losses. The following are some important things you should do when you or your loved ones are involved in a bus accident.
- Give medical care to the injured person immediately.
- Collect names and contact details of the bus driver, owner of the bus, witness of the accident, etc.
- Note the license plate number of the bus.
- Procure the bus driver’s license as well as his employee number.
- Obtain photographs of the scene.
- Check if there are any video cameras near the premises that could have recorded the incident, and collect the videos if any.
- Consult an injury lawyer in California to take the right steps to claim the compensation.
An experienced accident injury lawyer will help you to get maximum reimbursement for your losses. The following are some of the factors which can be included in the claim amount you make.
- Medical expenses
- Loss of earning capacity
- Lost wages
- Lifecare expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Loss of Consortium (the services of an injured spouse)
- Punitive Damages
- Workers’ Compensation
- Wrongful Death
A good injury lawyer will help you to decide on a final amount you can claim based on all these factors. So it is better to seek the help of an attorney as soon as possible after a bus accident for you to get the right amount you deserve.